Saturday, April 22, 2017

Hannah's Keys to the Game: 4/22 Indians @ White Sox

Hannah's Three Keys:
Carlos Carrasco
1.) Give Carlos Carrasco some run support
With a 2.33 ERA, 0.93 WHIP and 19 strike outs in 19 1/3 innings pitched, you would think his record would be better than 1-1. Despite his strong performances, the biggest problem he has faced so far this season is a lack of run support. In fact, the Indians offense only has scored 5 times while he has been on the mound. If Hot Sauce is going to come out and pitch a gem, the offense needs to show up and produce the runs needed to get him the W. The best way to do that against the White Sox is to score early. Speaking of that...

2.) Do damage against Mike Pelfrey 
The White Sox bullpen is pretty good. Actually, they are downright great. So our best chance to do offensive  damage is going to be while Pelfrey is on the mound. Pelfrey is making his first start of the season in place of the injured James Shields. Pelfrey is a below average starter who has spent time with a number of major league teams, but most recently with the Detroit Tigers (where he went 4-10 with a 5.07 ERA). This is a perfect opportunity for our offense to flex early and take advantage of Chicago's misfortune
.
Lonnie Chisenahll
3.) Prove them wrong
I will admit, I probably would not have moved Lonnie Chisenhall to center field. The move left a lot (Editor's note: Comes with the territory of being from Cleveland, I guess) And I am OK with that, in fact I prefer it because there is nothing more motivating then playing to prove others wrong. Keep your chins up and focus on winning one game at a time.
of people scratching their head, including myself. But after last October, I have learned to trust Tito. Last night we saw Lonnie Chisenhall throw Cabrera out at second with amazing accuracy from the outfield. It was one of those moments where I was shocked and proud all at the same time. Now, I am not saying that even after he made that play I would stick him in center field,but hey, keep proving me wrong. The Indians will more then likely forever and always be considered the underdog

No comments:

Post a Comment